Sherrill House is the culmination of more than one hundred years of exceptional care. Founded as the Trinity Church Home for the Aged (Rachel Allen Memorial) in 1907, one of the first of its kind, today Sherrill House still leads the way in caring. We are proud of our tradition of excellence, and we remain committed to continuously improving our staff, services, and programs to best meet the needs of those we serve.
Learn more about the history of Sherrill House.
Sherrill House is a 196-bed not-for-profit nursing and rehabilitation center committed to meeting the changing needs of our community. With a multi-year expansion and renovation completed in 2007, our state-of-the-art facility has even more ways to give our patients and residents the best care. Now more than ever, Sherrill House is Boston's best place to get better.
We are proud to offer three specialized care programs, including short-term rehabilitation through our acclaimed Return to Home™ program, traditional long-term care, and our Special Care Program for individuals with Alzheimer's and dementia.
- Comprehensive rehabiltation services, delivered by our in-house team of Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists
- Exceptional staffing levels
- Award-winning Music Therapy Program, directed by our Board Certified Music Therapist
- Support groups for family members and friends, facilitated by our professional social work team
- Pastoral and spiritual services provided by our full-time staff chaplain
- Outdoor patio and garden